A Week of Prayer, Fasting, and Consecration
January 9, 2022
Introduction: The Word is like Bread
Activity: Prepare for the Fast
Verse: Deuteronomy 8:3 And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of God.
Prayer: God, thank you for the gift of the Bible. Through your Word, you speak to me and remind me that you are for me. You show your everlasting character, and I learn to hear your voice as I read and meditate on scripture. Lord, jelp me build a daily desire to abide in your Word, a desire that would grow throughout my walk with you. Your Word nourishes my spirit and fulfills my heart. As I pray, fast, and consecrate myself to you this week, may my understanding and love for you grow as I draw nearer to you. In Jesus' name, Amen
January 10, 2022
Day 1: The Word is a Seed
Activity: 7 am + 7 pm Conference Call (602) 433-6257
Verse: 1 Peter 1:23 Since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God...
Prayer: God, I believe that your work is an imperishable seed that can renew every area of my life. I can bring my brokenness, confusion, and insecurities before you, knowing that you make me whole, confident, and secure through the seed of your Word. You have brought me from death to life and are faithful to finish the food work you began in me. Lord, I pray that you will continue to change life to reflect your love to others around me. Because of your Word that you've planted in me, I can be bold to share your gospel wherever I go. Amen.
We pray for...
- World, national, and local leaders. 1 Timothy 2:1-2
- Divine opportunities to share the Gospel throughout the world and our communities. Mark 16:15
- Wisdom for campus ministers and missionaries to share Christ and make disciples on the college campuses.
January 11, 2022
Day 2: The Word is a Light
Activity: 12-12:45 pm in-person midday prayer
Verse: Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, you have given me your perfect Word as a guide through this imperfect world. Because you are good, trustworthy, omniscient, and kind, I can lean into your guidance in every situation I face. You care about my life and the decisions I have to make. Your Word has the power to bring order to chaos and is light in the darkness. I have no reason to fear. As I hide your Word deep in my heart, teach me how to read and apply it to my life.
- That as a church we'd be guided by the light of the Word and not conform to the patterns of the world.
- The Word would shine bright through VGC reaching the world and our community.
- For those who are desiring marriage, that God's Word would establish patience, trust, purity, and strong self-esteem. May His Word rebuke rejection, loneliness, and temptation while waiting.
- A covering over single parents that they would seek God's will in all that they do. That God's Word would strengthen and sustain them with provision, wisdom, and guidance each day.
- That our children and youth would grow in God's grace, love, and become bold witnesses for Christ. Romans 1:16
January 12, 2022
Day 3: The Word is a Mirror
Activity: 7 am conference call (602) 433-6257
7:30-8:30 pm in-person worship + prayer moment
Verse: James 1:23–24 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like.
Prayer: As I read your Word, O Lord, I trust that you will show me what I am like and what you are making me to be. Search my heart and reveal where and how I need to put your Word into practice in my life. Grant me the humility to do what your Word says as a faith response to your free gift of salvation. Holy Spirit, thank you for your power that helps me obey, changes my heart, and directs my steps. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
- That we would obey the Word and practice displaying the fruits of the Spirit.
- That we would be obedient to the Spirit and not our flesh.
- That we would take our throughs captive and be anxious for nothing.
- That we would practice Godly stewardship with our finances and resources.
- For more church planters to be sent and churches to be planted throughout the world.
January 13, 2022
Day 4: The Word is a Hammer
Activity: 7 pm instagram live prayer @valleygatechurch
Verse: Jeremiah 23:29 Is not my word like fire, declares the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?
Prayer: God, you know my heart better than anyone, and you have loved me even when I have drifted from your ways. Show me how I have drifted and place me back on solid ground. I repent for when I have placed my trust in the things of this world instead of in your Word. Your Word has the power to turn a heart of stone into a heart of flesh. I open myself up for you to mold my life. God, as you soften my heart, empower me to bring your Word to those around me. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
- For all people throughout the world who have not heard the Gospel of Jesus.
- That hearts and minds would be shaped by God's Word.
- That God would repair and strengthen marriages by breaking into pieces the rocks that have interfered with unity, communication, forgiveness, intimacy, submission, and love.
January 14, 2022
Day 5: The Word is a Sword
Activity: 7 am prayer call (602) 433 - 6257
6:30 - 8 Breaking the Fast @ Valley Gate Church (1445 W. Southern Ave., Tempe)
Verse: Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Prayer: O Lord, thank you for your living and active Word that transforms me from the inside out. I choose to abide in it even as it cuts through the hard places of my heart. Lord, I repent of when I have conformed to the world’s standards. I pray that you would transform and renew my mind as I meditate on your Word daily. Increase my faith and make me more like Christ as I read it, Amen.
- That the word would pierce our souls and make us new.
- That even when it hurts, we would abide in and respond to God's Word.
- That we would be transformed into the image of Christ.
January 15, 2022
Conclusion: The Word is our Foundation
Verse: Matthew 7:24 Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank you for what you have done in my life this week. Thank you that you show up when I seek your face and that you are faithful to speak to me. You have given the gift of your Word that I may build my life on the solid foundation of who you are. Help me to abide in your Word daily that I may hide it in my heart and experience your life-transforming power. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen